Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Perfect Saturday

September 19th. Saturday. 23 degrees, sunny and very warm. Just a perfect weather for Saturday. I woke up at around 10am after fall asleep again since around 6am after sahur this morning. Dishwashing, taking a shower then go to the city center to meet a friend from Den Haag. Today is weird. Since a week ago, Amsterdam got an average temperature of around 15 in the afternoon. and suddenly today, it got 23, which is very warm. i even don't need to put my jacket while riding my bike to the city center.

After i met Laras at Ledseplein, i went to two of my favorite english bookstores at Spui centrum. American Book Center at Spui 12, and Waterstone's at Kalvestraat 152. Those stores are housed in very nice buildings, both of them have 3 floors. Very nice ambience, really cozy, and have tremendous collection. Those store seem like to be my favorite spot for the next following years. ;) Today i bought "High Fidelity" by Nick Hornby. It seems like fun, light, and entertaining. Recently, I prefer that kind of book instead of my typical book of business, economy, and what so ever it is.

By the time i exit the American Book Center at Spui and walked to Kalverstraat, i suddenly attracted by the totally happy music i heard from the street. It was an old man with his big music machine ! The music it produced is really happy, unique and pumped up my mood. It is very cheering, though. I gave him EUR 1, and he replied with very big smile. I am happy. This very city is exciting, lively. Amsterdam got its own vibe in its own way. And i can say, i start to fall into it. i start enjoying Europe.



Moreover, tomorrow is Idul Fitri ! I will miss my mother, siblings and the rest of the family by tomorrow. And of course, i will miss the food also. Although this is my very first time having Idul Fitri away from home, it is still, Idul Fitri.. Let's Celebrate !

No comments:

Post a Comment