Sunday, January 10, 2010

The new weekend experience, ever.

Well, very good morning fellas ! it is a gloomy Sunday morning, 10.46 am, GMT +1 time. I just felling like starting my day with write a post on this blog about my new weekend experience ever, this morning. Let me begin with the description of the situation. As i said, it is a gloomy Sunday morning in Amsterdam. According to Accuweather.com, it is believed that now it is 0 degrees Celcius outside. It is snowing intensively with humidity of 93%, wind blowing 38 km/h towards North East, and visibility of 8 km as well as air pressure of 102 KPA. I think that's more than enough for the weather forecast.

For your information, this is my first winter ever. I just moved to a four-seasons country for like just five months. This winter might be the first for me, but according to many newspaper and TV news, it is one of the worst and coldest for Europe in last few decades. I can't agree more agree with that. It caused chaos in transportation system. Airports were shut, trains stops, traffic jam, and so on.

As i promise on my last post, i would like to discuss more about my "study", in order to balance the "beyond" contents of this blog. Then let's start my story of this weekend. As i approaching new year's holiday, i have been packed with exams preparation and many assignments due. Nothing can't be worse than a Finance exam in the end of December, 6 pm, snowing, freezing, even worse, the location of the exam is far from city center. Then come christmas and new year. well, i would say that it was not that special for me, but i had a good time with my friends and family as well.

I started January with a bit of sorrow and homesick feelings. Fortunately it was just last for like two days. After i phoned my mother, everything is back on track. I love you mother. hehe. At first, i have two final essay assignments due at the end of the first week of January and also i started what so called as "business study project 1 : literature review". From its name, i'm sure i gonna deal with a lot of works, reading many journals, as well as writing reviews. And it is too good to be true.

As i also have posted before, to be honest, the intensity, pace and academic rigor of my study here is somehow more difficult compare to my previous university study experience. I believe that no more i can do other than keep up my pace and just simply do my best efforts. Hence, i found that this weekend is one of the manifestations of that. Yesterday was Saturday, i just spending my whole day at home for cooking and eating from the time i woke up in the morning until the late afternoon. For me, eating is the only way to beat the cold, though. At first, i was thinking like to spend my Saturday night with my cousin, beat the cold and have some food and chit chat. But since i still have two essays due at the beginning of next week, i decided to dedicate my Saturday night at my bedroom and doing my stuffs. In fact, it was not a good weather to going out last night. so, i think i have a quite good reason to stay home. hehe.

To be honest, last night was my first time ever to spend a Saturday night to study ! doing my whole life being a student, no matter what in school as well as university, i have never ever spending my Saturday night to study ! it was a taboo thing to do for me. with no exception. no matter how bad the situation is, i always spend my saturday night with friends or family. But last night, i spent my Saturday evening reviewing several articles as well as writing my essay and i finished like around midnight. In fact, it was not as bad as i imagined, though. But somehow i still amazed with myself because finally i did it. Yes, saturday night studying. ;D to be honest, i would say that i'm doing it not because i want to, but it was because i have to.

More excitingly, i have on more experience to tell. Last night, since i only finish my first essay and still have one more essay to do, i checked the website of my university library. it says it is open on Sunday from 10 am - 5 pm. Since i need the access to the academic journal and database, i was thinking like "why not spending my Sunday at the university library by tomorrow ?". at first i was saying "no way, Arif Nindito. Come on, it is Sunday, for God's sake." but then by the time i woke up this morning, i feel like i really have to go there to, again, do my stuffs. So then, here i am, in the front of one of many computer screens at the university library on this such gloomy sunday morning, writing my blog post. hehe.

To wrap up, spending the Saturday night studying, as well as enjoying Sunday on the library are totally new experiences for me. I would never ever do these kind of things during my time in Indonesia. I promise i wouldn't. But somehow, although not with a full heart of mine, i enjoy it. Maybe it is what it takes to study at one of the world's best 50 universities ;P

I always believe that i must live in balance. Of course i know that spending Sunday at the library is not my ideal way of enjoying weekend, though. But, i have to tell you fellas, one of the most distracting as well as relaxing thing about spending a day at the university library of Universiteit van Amsterdam is the chicks ! sometimes i also wondering what the fcuk are these gorgeous ladies doing here in the library. i believe that they must be better to be there on the photograph taking sessions as the fashion models. hehehe. It is a nice fact, as well, that they are young, gorgeous, and intelligent looking. i don't know whether they are really that "intelligent" or not. but, who cares ? this library offers many good features for its students and visitors. but for me, the chicks is one of the most fascinating features of it. hehehe. Enjoy your Sunday !

No comments:

Post a Comment